Health Current, Arizona’s HIE, has created an information page regarding the ONC/CMS Final Interoperability Rules.
Health Current will continue to add additional videos and PowerPoint slides to assist our community in understanding the interoperability rules and how the HIE can support them in meeting the new requirements.
Regulatory Update: ONC and CMS Final Information Blocking Rules
- Presenter: Chase Millea, JD, In-House Counsel, Director of Regulatory Compliance, Health Current
- Understand the basics of two recent federal rules that prohibit certain actors from “information blocking,” and the exceptions to the general prohibition
- Define which individuals and organizations are “actors” for purposes of the rules, and what information actors prohibited from “blocking”
- Introduce compliance timelines, including enforcement of ONC information blocking provisions in November 2020
- Introduce new API and exchange requirements for CMS hospitals and health plans
- Begin the conversation around how Health Current can support your organization in meeting the new requirements
Click to download The Regulatory Snapshot: ONC and CMS Final Information Blocking Rules PPT here.
Click to watch video: The Regulatory Snapshot: ONC and CMS Final Information Blocking Rules (7.51 minutes):
Questions: please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.