Join a network of companies, organizations and individuals dedicated to better health and wellness through advancing health IT and a health information infrastructure for all of Arizona. Incorporated in 2007, AzHeC originally grew out of a 2005 gubernatorial executive order and the subsequent work of hundreds of individuals and organizations. The core principles that created AzHeC still drive the organization today:
- Advocating and advancing secure and private health IT;
- Creating a health information infrastructure for Arizona through a public-private partnership of all health care, business and government stakeholders; and
- Governing and funding this partnership through a broad representation of organizations, companies and individuals across the state.
Read more about the organization and it’s history on the About Us page, and subsections.
The Benefits of Health IT
An integrated system of health IT and health information exchange (HIE) that supports the information needs of all health care stakeholders can reduce health care costs, improve patient safety and improve the quality and efficiency of health care.
- Preventing medical and prescription errors
- Better personal health information
- Greater efficiencies and better care coordination
- Enhanced patient privacy and security
- Eliminating unnecessary care and treatment
- Monitoring and improving community health
Become an AzHeC Member
Learn more about becoming an AzHeC Member.
Become an AzHeC Individual Supporter
Learn more about becoming an AzHeC Individual Supporter.