Health Current, Arizona’s health information exchange (HIE), is committed to supporting the healthcare community in our collective response during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please review the information below for the latest activity and updates about HIE services and information related to the pandemic response.
- Fueling Arizona’s Collective Effort to Battle COVID-19
- Video archive: https://youtu.be/hHEscIh4S3Y
- Health Systems Leverage HIE Data in COVID-19 Response
- Video archive: https://youtu.be/cRs9gbiaSoo
The latest COVID-19 communications from the Arizona HIE.
- April 18, 2022 — COVID-19 Immunization Data Transfer to the Arizona HIE Discontinued
- June 30, 2021 — COVID-19 Immunization Data Transfer to the Arizona Health Information Exchange Now Underway
- April 12, 2021 — Governor Ducey Signs SB1505 Allowing COVID-19 Immunization Data to Flow to Health Current
- June 23, 2020 — Health Current Providing Critical Real-Time Data for Arizona Surge Line’s Bed Capacity Tracking
- May 28, 2020 — Health Current Now Receiving LabCorp Test Results for COVID-19
- April 29, 2020 — Health Current Releases Two New COVID-19 Alert Enhancements: Dynamic Alerts & Batch Alerts via Secure File Transfer Protocol
- April 8, 2020 — Health Current Releases COVID-19 Alert Enhancements, FAQs Now Available
- March 25, 2020 — COVID-19 Alerts Now Available from Health Current
- March 17, 2020 — Health Current is Here to Help During the COVID-19 Crisis
Click on any of the document(s) below to view.
|“Through the Health Current portal and real-time alerts, Surprise Fire-Medical obtains follow-up information for patients in our Treat & Refer, Community Paramedicine, and ET3 programs. We also receive alerts on hospital emergency encounters and admissions with the option of receiving batched reports in high-volume categories. Most recently, we started receiving lab test results for potential COVID-19 exposures which helps our crews better prepare.” – Jesus Rivera, Battalion Chief, Surprise EMS|
|“Health Current has enabled us to integrate COVID-19 testing results directly into our EHR. This allows our care team to engage with patients in the most safe and appropriate setting. It also empowers our clinicians to follow up with patients, provide reassurance, and determine if additional resources are required. Sharing COVID-19 data among all healthcare delivery organizations enables us to provide true patient-centric care.” – Michael D. White, MD, MBA, Valleywise Health, EVP, CMO|
|“Of the COVID-19 Alerts we receive from Health Current, we’ve found that roughly 6 percent of them are positives. Working with the HIE, we configured the results in a way to trigger alerting and infectious status with our EHR. This allows our healthcare providers to be better prepared with the necessary PPE, in turn minimizing exposure and potential infection of our staff.” – Craig Norquist, MD, HonorHealth, Chief Medical Information Officer|
|“We have developed a new workflow related to COVID-19 Alerts that is supportive of our staff and clients. The new process makes sure we are aware when a client has been tested for COVID-19 so that we can take action to keep everyone safe. It has brought our staff some peace of mind and confidence during this time. THANK YOU! We appreciate the collaboration with Health Current.” – Megan Lipman, JFCS, VP of Compliance & Quality Management|
|“Thank you, Health Current, for all you are doing in the COVID-19 pandemic … Mercy Care is receiving real time test results on our entire membership, taking that information into our tracking system, and implementing care management assessments and outreaches where appropriate. This is a great stride forward!” – Charlton Wilson, Mercy Care, Chief Medical Officer|
- Existing HIE Participants – Please contact your Health Current account manager or the client support team at HIEsupport@healthcurrent.org.
- Not an HIE Participant – If you are not a current participant, please contact the Health Current recruitment team at healthcurrrent.org/join to get started.
- Media inquiry – Contact Bill Staples, Director of Communications, at email@example.com.