COVID-19 Alerts Now Available from Health Current
Health Current, Arizona’s Health Information Exchange (HIE), is pleased to announce that real-time alerts for COVID-19 lab results are now available.
Health Current has been working throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to support the Arizona healthcare community in their response – the first of the HIE’s COVID-19 services is the initiation of real-time alerts on all COVID-19 lab results received by the HIE.
The implementation of these alerts will occur in a phased approach. The first option available to Health Current Participants, as of today, March 25, 2020, is to receive real-time COVID-19 Alerts for any patient on a Participant’s HIE patient panel. This option will send the Participant all (positive and negative) COVID-19 lab results received by Health Current for their identified patients, members or beneficiaries.
Future phases of this service will include the ability to receive COVID-19 lab results as batch alerts and also to specify if only positive COVID-19 lab results are desired.
How to Get Started
If you are a current HIE participant, follow the instructions below. If you are not a current participant, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
To receive Alerts:
- Patient panel – Determine if you want to receive alerts on your existing patient panel(s) or a new one (perhaps on a vulnerable population).
- Secure email address – Determine who in your organization should receive the alerts. For each recipient, you must use an existing Direct secure email address or supply a new one.
- Please contact your Health Current account manager or the client support team at HIEsupport@healthcurrent.org with your patient panel and email preferences.
Who supplies the COVID-19 lab results?
The HIE currently receives all COVID-19 lab results from Sonora Quest Labs, Banner Health and a variety of other hospitals, health systems and independent laboratories. We are working with all HIE data suppliers to confirm which organizations are sending COVID-19 lab results to Health Current so that the lab results process appropriately.
Collectively, over 200 organizations supply Health Current with data on more than 97 percent of hospital inpatient admissions and emergency department visits in Arizona. Any of these data suppliers that conduct COVID-19 testing or receive COVID-19 lab results will send those results to Health Current. These results will be available via the new COVID-19 Alerts as well as through normal HIE access services, such as the HIE Portal and bidirectional HIE interfaces.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Health Current is conducting outreach to LabCorp,
TGen, Mayo and any other labs or healthcare facilities that are providing COVID-19 testing to ensure HIE participant access to the most comprehensive and complete COVID-19 lab results through the single, statewide health information exchange.
Better data. Better care.
COVID-19 Alerts are ideal for the following healthcare professionals and functions:
- Clinical and patient-facing staff workflow – office managers, nurses, medical assistants, care coordinators, program directors
- Care managers, population health managers
- Quality management, compliance and business continuity functions
Start receiving COVID-19 Alerts today.
If you have questions about COVID-19 Alerts or related services, contact our client support team at HIEsupport@healthcurrent.org.
Download: COVID-19 Alert flyer (PDF, 216KB)
Learn more: COVID-19 HIE Information Center