Health Current, Arizona’s health information exchange (HIE), is pleased to announce that on April 9, 2021, Governor Doug Ducey signed into law Senate Bill (SB) 1505 that includes several HIE-related provisions, including permission to allow COVID-19 immunization data to be shared with the HIE and utilized in alignment with statutory provisions.
Health Current is now working with the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) to get the COVID-19 immunization data flowing to the HIE. Work is already underway to develop various related services such as COVID-19 vaccine alerts, dashboards, and vaccine-coordination tools. Stay tuned for information on these new COVID-19 vaccine services.
SB1505 contains provisions that go beyond COVID-19 immunizations. The bill:
- Enables Arizona Health Departments to Disclose Communicable Disease Information to the HIO. This allows ADHS to pass ALL communicable disease information to Health Current to support coordination of care amongst the healthcare community in events such as pandemic.
- Aligns the Developmental Disability Confidentiality Statute with HIPAA. This ensures alignment of Arizona’s confidentiality statutes with HIPAA, and streamlines administrative procedures, enhances the dissemination of important information to patients, and standardizes an individual’s access to their health information.
- For Existing HIE Participants | Please contact your Health Current account manager or the client support team at HIEsupport@healthcurrent.org.
- Not an HIE Participant? | Please contact the Health Current recruitment team at email@example.com to get started.
- Media Inquiry | Contact Bill Staples, Director of Marketing & Communications, at 602-688-7202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.